- To troubleshoot general PHP stuff, try executing the
test_php.php file that was included in the
\support directory your FBCMD distribution:
Try passing in parameters to see if they are being received properly.
php test_php.php one two three
- If you are receiving a message: "Warning: fopen(): URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration":
php.ini file and set
allow_url_fopen to 1 (or On)
- if openssl loaded is empty , then you may not be able to use the fbcmd Update Utility properly.
- If you receive the error message: "PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Facebook needs the CURL PHP extension.", as you might suspect, you do not have the CURL PHP extension for your PHP installation. For ubuntu, this can be fixed with:
sudo apt-get install php5-curl
Connecting to Facebook
- TODO: this is out of date for version 2.0
- try executing the
test_fb_connect.php file that was included in the \support directory your FBCMD distribution.
It will try to connect to Facebook as a test account.
- If the username from that test script is blank OR FBCMD just doesn't appear to do anything,
allow_url_fopen is set to 1 (or On) in your
to add all permissions
Out of Memory
- If you are getting the following error:
 An unknown error occurred (out of memory)
This is a Facebook error, not a PHP error: It's a known bug.